8.12.2011

TO MY TENDER GARDENER




I have a bit of a blogging history – one I’d like to forget. The first attempt was silly, embarrassing. The second: too intimate. The third, and birth of kat.tales worked for a while, but I was unsure of my focus. I bring this up because the new kat.tales mostly speaks to quick and homemade vegetarian cuisine. However, I want more for it. I’m putting this out there so you won’t be surprised by future posts that go beyond food.

I’m thinking/hoping this will expand to a forum for stories chronicling delicious food, the arts, nature, and my efforts to create a space for myself in the homegrown movement. Our long-term goal (5-10 year plan) is to set ourselves up on an off-the-grid, self-sustaining plot of land. I have dreams of spinning my own wool, making clothes and cheese, selling produce – but I want to maintain my position as a college English teacher. Suggestions for achieving this balance? By the way, it would be great if I found this balance on a farm in the Italian hills.

Speaking of hills, Gideon and I are off to the Catskills this weekend for a wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment