8.09.2011

SOUP TO SAUCE





A couple of months ago, I made a delicious "green soup" - a recipe from Laurel's Kitchen. With a fridge full of squash, my mind went back to the soup. I also had my heart set on cold pasta. Instead of figuring out how to pair the two, I modified the soup to make a sauce.

The jist:
Cook down pre-soaked green split peas, green squash, onion, and garlic in enough veg stock to cover. Add a couple tablespoons of oil and season with s+p, oregano, and basil. After the ingredients soften and cool, add fresh parsley and basil. I would have liked to smooth my mixture in a food processor. Alas, I broke mine. Instead, I added a cup of unsweetened almond to the mix and hit it with a hand blender. This didn't work so well. I moved on and added a bit of ricotta cheese, sliced radishes, and almonds. I finished the dish off with a bit more s+p, a good squeeze of lemon, and shaved pecorino.

No comments:

Post a Comment