8.19.2011

CRUNCHY + CREAMY




Uh-oh. I was afraid of this. I just completed my orientation for a second teaching position, and the reality of a ridiculously busy semester is setting in. I'm excited to say that I will finally be working full-time as a college instructor - at least, for this semester. But with six classes and quite a bit of commuting, I'll have to put my cooking fun on the back burner. I have a feeling my meals and cooking are going to be quick and dirty from here on in.

Example: a dinner of fried tofu over quinoa pasta. The tofu was not pretty, but it was delicious. I seasoned the breadcrumbs with copious amounts of dried basil, a bit of garlic powder, and s+p. We put this over the pasta sauced with lemon, parmesan and cream with peas. After a long day, technique goes out the window... for now...until I get in the swing of things... or find a balance.
On a sad note, we didn't harvest our peaches in time. Hundreds of mini-peaches have fallen - deer food.

No comments:

Post a Comment