7.18.2011

TASTES LIKE BUTTER


Even with temperatures hovering around 100 degrees, I decided to make soup. Again, this venture began with what I had in the fridge. I cut up carrots, onion, and celery and tossed them in pot with water – 2:1 water to veg ratio. Adding some fresh parsley, dill, and s+p, I let that simmer throughout the day. Meanwhile, I left a bowl of beautiful orange lentils to soak in a bowl of cool water. After a few hours, I had a delicious stock. I removed the vegetables and added the lentils. While those cooked, I took a hand blender to the vegetables and added them to the lentils. The result was a fresh and delicious soup which Gideon said “tasted like it was made with butter.” I love that I was able to achieve such a rich result with minimal effort and ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. this looks spectacular!! i am so excited to cook with you. cook cook cook. chop chop chop. slurp slurp slurp.

    ReplyDelete