7.20.2011

SHARED SPACE





My wonderful parents stayed with us in Ithaca for an evening. After a gorgeous swim downtown, we spent the night grilling and playing in the backyard. Not knowing that I decided to go vegetarian again - they sighed - they brought up 4 racks of ribs. I offered barbecued tofu, more vegan sausages, corn, bell peppers, and a caprese salad. Dad is on a self-prescribed healthy diet and willingly engaged in the vegetarian options; Mom, too. It doesn't matter what facts I spew about the meat industry, they like their meat.

If I had my way, I'd have a meat-free grill. I hate seeing my food next to charring body parts, but I didn't want to cause a stir or get into a conversation about my food philosophies/principles just then. How do you feel about mixing meat and veggies at a bbq?

No comments:

Post a Comment